D.A. Townley  -  Plan Administrators Iron Workers Union Local 97 International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers 



Application for Pension Benefits

To start receiving your Pension benefits fill out the Application for Pension Benefits form. If you are applying for a disability Pension, you should complete the Application for Disability Pension Benefits Form instead of the above form.

Prior to completing this form, please obtain a Pension estimate from the Plan Administrator using the Request for Pension Estimate.

Information Needed to Complete the Form
To complete, you are required to fill in your:

  • personal information,
  • beneficiary information and
  • choose a form of payment, (page 2 of the form includes information on the various forms of payment available to you).

There are other forms that must be submitted before you will start receiving your Pension.

To avoid delays in receiving your Pension you must include the following forms/documents when sending in this form:

  • A copy of both your birth certificate or baptismal paper (and your spouse's birth certificate or baptismal paper if you have a spouse and are choosing one of the 'Joint & Last Survivor' options on this form.)
  • If you are married and selecting any option other than:
    • Joint and Survivor 60%; or
    • Joint and Survivor 75%; or
    • Joint and Survivor 100%
  • a Spousal Waiver Form and Certificate of Independent Legal Advice must accompany this form.
  • You should also send in both the TD1 and TD1BC forms to ensure that the correct amount of income tax is taken off each Pension payment.
  • If you want to calculate partial claims for your TD1 and TD1BC you should complete both the TD1 Worksheet and TD1BC Worksheet. Do not give your completed worksheets to your employer or plan administrator. Keep them for your records.
  • Depending on the type of Pension you choose, the administrator may ask you to fill in more forms.

Completed forms should be forwarded to the Plan Administrator.

Other questions on completing the form should be directed to the Plan Administrator.

Frequently Asked Questions
What do all these types of Pension options mean?
  • The second page of the form explains each of the Pension options.
  • You may also wish to consult a personal financial advisor to determine which Pension type best meets your needs.


Form Link
Application for Pension Benefits Form

Related Links
Request for Pension Estimate
Application for Disability Pension Benefits
Spousal Declaration Form
Spousal Waiver Form
Certificate of Independent Legal Advice
Automatic Deposit
TD1 Form
Worksheet for the 2006 Personal Tax Credits Return (TD1-WS)
TD1BC Form
Worksheet for the 2006 British Columbia Personal Tax Credits Return (TD1BC-WS)
Retirement Information
© 2000-2008 D.A. Townley All rights reserved.