D.A. Townley  -  Plan Administrators Iron Workers Union Local 97 International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers 



Request for Designation as Limited Member of Pension Plan (Form 2)

After a marriage breakdown (divorce) in British Columbia, the Member’s spouse may submit the Request for Designation as Limited Member of Pension Plan (Form 2) to become a "Limited Member" of the Pension Plan. A formal agreement with the Member or a court order must state that the spouse is entitled to a part of the Member’s Pension.

Information Needed to Complete the Form
To complete the form, the spouse must include:

  • Plan information,
  • spouse's personal information,
  • Member personal information, and
  • information related to the spouse's claim.

This form should be used if the plan has already matured (the Member has already retired and is receiving his/her Pension) or if the Member has not yet retired and the plan is a Defined Benefit type plan.

If the Member has already retired, this form will also act as a request to split the Pension benefits as detailed in the agreement or court order.

A copy of the agreement or court order on which the division of the Pension is based must be submitted with this form.

The spouse should have already submitted, or be submitting with this form, a completed Claim of Spouse to Interest in Member’s Pension (Form 1).

Questions on completing the form should be directed to the Plan Administrator.

Completed forms should be forwarded to the Plan Administrator.

Questions and Answers about Pension Division on Marriage Breakdown in British Columbia

Plan Administrator
Ironworkers Local 97 Plan Administrator
c/o D.A. Townley
160-4400 Dominion Street
Burnaby, BC V5G 4G3

Phone: 604-299-7482 or 1-800-663-1356
Fax: 604-299-8136

Email: Pension

Form Link
Request for Designation as Limited Member of Pension Plan (Form 2) Form

Related Links
Claim of Spouse to Interest in Member's Pension
(Form 1)
Request by Limited Member for Transfer or Pension
(Form 4)
Request in Relation to Matured Pension
(Form 5)
Notice of Receipt
(Form 6)
© 2000-2008 D.A. Townley All rights reserved.