D.A. Townley  -  Plan Administrators Iron Workers Union Local 97 International Association of Bridge, Structural, Ornamental and Reinforcing Iron Workers 



Application for Transfer of Funds Form

Use the Application for Transfer of Funds form if you have terminated from the Pension Plan and want to withdraw your Pension funds from the Plan.

Information Needed to Complete the Form
The Member's and spouse's personal information is needed to complete the form. In addition, you must select how you wish to receive your Pension funds that are to be paid out.

Your local union must complete its section of the form before you send it to the Plan Administrator.

Please follow the instructions on the form.

You can only withdraw your Pension funds if you are 'eligible'.

To be 'eligible' for withdrawal, the Member must either:

a) be fully vested and have less than 200 hrs in each of the last 2 consecutive plan years; or,

b) be fully vested and worked less than 350 hours in the last 2 consecutive plan years.

All funds must be transferred on a locked-in basis.  There may be an exception if your pension meets the requirements of the Small Pension Rule as set out in the plan text.  Please contact the Plan Administrator for further information. 

Locked-in funds must be transferred to a ‘locked-in RRSP’. If you are transferring 'locked-in' funds, you need to complete the Royal Trust Locked-in Funds Form.

If you are Terminated and have attained age 55, the option of a lump sum transfer is no longer available to you.

Questions on completing the form should be directed to the Plan Administrator.

Completed forms should be forwarded to the Plan Administrator.


Form Link
Application for Transfer of Funds Form

Related Links
Royal Trust Locked in Funds
Direct Transfer of a Single Amount (T2151)
Information on Leaving the Plan
© 2000-2008 D.A. Townley All rights reserved.